Video lessons for blended learning
The Robot Academy, launched May 2017, is an online resource with over 200 video lessons available for use in class. Each lesson has a static URL which you can give in a “reading list”. The lessons cover a lot of the material in Chapters 1-3, 7-9, 10-15.
Checkout the Facebook group as well
I have presentation material that covers, not necessarily completely, chapters 1 and 10-15. Some of my lectures on Machine Vision, chapters 10-14, are available on YouTube
All the line drawings from the book are available in EPS or SVG formats as single zip files.Download EPS format (48.1 MB) Download SVG format (30.9 MB)
Solutions to example problems
The solutions manual is still not complete. For the first edition there are solutions to Chapters 2 through 10 in various stages of polish. The problems in the second edition are mostly a superset of the first edition.Download PDF format (919.0 KB)
If you’re interested in contributing solutions please contact me. At the moment it’s all done in LaTeX.
People teaching using the RVC book
(If you’d like to be listed here please send me an email, ideally with the course/unit code as well)
Europe and Africa
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, Gordon Cheng.
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany, Tamim Asfour.
- University of Plymouth, UK: ROCO224 Introduction to Robotics, Martin Stoelen.
- Aarhus University, Denmark, Michael Alrøe.
- Mälardalen University, Sweden, Alessandro Papadopoulos.
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco, Younès Raoui
- UC San Diego: CSE276A, Introduction to Robotics, Henrik Christensen.
- Georgia Tech USA: ECE4560, Introduction to Robotics and Automation, Fumin Zhang.
- RPI USA: CSCI 4971/6968 Algorithmic Robotics, Jeff Trinkle.
- Brigham Young University, Marc Killpack.
- University of Miami: Introduction to Medical Robotics, Weizhao Zhao.
- UNHEVAL University, Peru, Aland Bravo Vecorena.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Jason R. Kolodziej.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN), Canada: COMP 4766/6912 Autonomous Robotics, Andrew Vardy.
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia: EGB339 Introduction to robotics, Niko Sünderhauf, Chris Lehnert.
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia: EGB439 Advanced robotics, Peter Corke, Feras Dayoub.
- University of NSW (UNSW), Australia: MTRN4230 Robotics, Mark Whitty.
- University of Queensland (UQ), Australia: METR 4202/720 Robotics & Automation, Surya Singh.
- NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Pakistan: EM418, Waqar Shahid.
People teaching using the Toolboxes
- Experience with Introducing Robotics Toolbox for MATLAB in a Senior Level Undergraduate Course (PDF), Nagchaudhuri, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, in IMECE 2009.
Other robotics teaching resources
- RoboticsCourseWare.org is a collection of easily-modifiable curricular content, typically in .ppt and .doc formats, and covering the range of primary areas of robotics pedagogy, including robot mechanics, control, motion planning, vision, and localization.
- The IEEE Robotics & Automation society has a collection of resources in various subject areas.
- The Springer Handbook of Robotics is a comprehensive (and massive) resource covering all theory and applications. The multimedia extensions available at handbookofrobotics.org provide a rich collection of videos that illustrate theory, practice and history.