The previous chapter discussed how to describe the pose of objects in 2- or 3-dimensional space. This chapter extends those concepts to objects whose pose is varying as a function of time. This chapter covers:
- creating smooth functions of time
- creating smooth multi-axis functions of time
- creating smooth multi-axis multi-segment functions of time, motion through way points
- creating a time varying pose that the robot can follow
- rate of change of pose, its temporal derivative, and how that relates to concepts from mechanics such as velocity and angular velocity.
- acceleromters and gyroscopes
- the principle of inertial navigation, given measurements from velocity and angular velocity sensors how do we update the estimate of pose for a moving object.